Beauty Cabinet Essentials
If you’ve been wanting to update your beauty routine to green alternatives, You’ve come to the right place.
Fact: on average, we apply over 10 products to our skin before we walk out of the door, which means we are exposed to 120+ chemicals directed into our blood stream and left to the internals to detoxify. This is putting our body into a massive over drive before we even start to tackle factors and stresses of daily life. with using products that are mindfully made of naturally derived ingredients in your daily Routines, you'll be sending only goodness to your body and mind.
It can be overwhelming, scrolling through websites that have over 500 products to choose From. This leads you to X on your Motivated search, and go back to what you already know out of conveniencE, I get it. the below selection have been carefully, tested, trialed and guaranteed to make you satisfied with with making the swap.
Make sure you check back in as there are always new products to find and try, I'll be updating as i find new staples.
And if you’re looking for more information on a specific product, make sure you check out the beauty section on the site for a breakdown on all the information you’ll need to know.
1. World Organics Bamboo Face Cloth - A Super silky soft body cloth. once you use these bamboo babies you’ll never use a terry again. Useful for washing your face daily, these are also so incredibly soothing to remove make up and daily dirt build up.
2. Dr. Bronners Castile Soap (lavender) - A multi purpose wonder soap, Dr. Bronner’s has mastered the pure clean feel with out uncesseary or harmful ingredients. Keeping all the goodness into their soaps, and using oils like coconut, olive, castor, jojoba leaving skin smooth and clean. Their liquid soaps are 3 times more concentrated, which means more soap per bottle and less waste in packaging materials. add a few drops with water whilst showering and the lather is Real. try lavender for relaxing, peppermint for uplifting, and almond for sweetness. unscented available for babies. can be used on the body, face, hair, clothing and for cleaning purposes - multi product hello!
3. San Ceuticals Body & Face Oil - Sans has created a delicious drink for your skins hydration, Providing rich natural ingredients and antioxidants to moisturise and boost vitality. super extracts of goji and vitamin E help to soothe and cleanse dry sensitive skin types.
4. Weleda Skin Food - intensely hydrating and smells naturally divine, Weleda's Skin Food is a wonder product for all areas and with multiple benefits. I love using this as a base to create a dewy skin look, apply to hands and nails, dry heels, or eczema spots.
5. World Organics Primer - Get your glow on subtly and naturally, this primer, available in two shades (Lunar or rose gold), offers a beautiful sheen for your face base. Combining aloe vera and botanical extracts to boost hydration and bring you a smooth shine. These are great for under makeup or worn by themselves on clean skin. this has replaced mac strobe creme in my kit.
6. P'URE PAPAYA LIP BALM - All day everyday hydration for your lips with Pure papaya ointment. Ditch your petroleum based paw paw for this “real” deal chaped lip saviour.
7. LA MAV BB CREME - SPF 15 + light tinted coverage, La Mav BB Creme is perfect for an everyday wear product. Available in two shades for all skin types, this smooth consistency blends into your skins natural hue and is a minimalist dream for creamy fresh skin. Smoothing out skins imperfections whilst protecting against the suns rays, this multi product lasts a long time, with a little going a long way.
8. RMS UNCOVER UP CONCEALER - Main Ingredient: Coconut Oil - hydrates your under eyes and sinks into skin to create a dewy natural brightness. Not only great to cover up problem areas of dark under eyes, blemishes, and skin pigmentation - This beauty must have can be blended out and used as an all over foundation as well. Use as little or as much as you need for your desired look. Im in love with this coco! Best for normal to dry skin types.
9. INIKA LIquid COncealer - Under eye issues? Brighten and awaken your skin with Inikas Liquid Concealer. Lightweight formula is great for under eyes and can be smoothed out to the T areas to open your face and highlight deep areas.
10. ERE PEREZ Rice powder bronzer - Replacing NARS Laguna bronzer seemed impossible until this rice blend bronzer appeared on the market. Dual colour gives off the right amount of shimmer and glow to give a natural bronze la beach tone. Can be used for a cheek colour or applied in contour areas to achieve that sun kissed look and feel.
11. LILY LOLO Mascara - Safe for normal or sensitive lashes, this natural mascara adds length and volume to your lashes creating a Voom look! Using sunflower, argan, and rosehip oils to provide nourishment to your lashes, helping them grown and strengthen instead of wither away.
12. ERE PEREZ CARROT POT BLUSHER - A pot Of Pretty Flush, dewy creme blusher for the apples of your cheeks and can double as a glossy lip colour.
13. WORLD ORGANICS LIP STICK - For a natural bitten lip rouge, this shade is great for everyday wear to add a bit of umph! Can be used as a cheek colour also, applying to the apples and blend upwards. sahara is an all time best selling shade.
14. KJAER WEIS EYE SHADOW - A classic nudey taupe shade that is perfect for an everyday look. This colour adds the distinct right amount of depth to your eyelid and under eye, with only a slight amount of shimmer, mainly matte – can be worn as a single eye colour or built up for deeper appearance. This brand is luxe! Smooth buttery eye shadow that does not crease and lasts all day.
15. HOURGLASS LIGHTING HIGHLIGHTER STICK - Highlight cheeks, eyes, cupids bow with this versatile easy to use Luminiser. Weightless texture and long wear, this products glides onto the skin to give you a fresh flash of shine.
16. KAREN MURRELL LIPSTICK - Pretty and powerful, lipsticks have the ability to transform your look and attitude. Have fun and create playful looks with a lippy. Karen Murrell has infused her inspiration from bold beautiful floral hues, into soft superior quality lipsticks. Easy to wear, these leave a smooth sheen that fades away discretely without cracking or a tragic lip liner border. Available at most NZ chemists or online!
17. BEAUTY CHEF GLOW POWDER - Crafted to make your inner glow shine through, this beauty powder packs everything you need to create a natural shine, combining bio-fermented super-foods, minerals, vitamins, probiotics and antioxidants all in one - The taste is so delicious it is like a treat. especially when added to sparkling water. Focused to help cleanse the gut and bring out your glow from the inside out.
18. ECO TAN INVISIBLE TAN - To have a natural glow all year round, Eco Tan has you covered with options for light pale skin, to medium olive tones. Winter skin is just enough to give you a natural looking tan, or if a deeper tan is desired, you can build this up. Easy to apply, dry’s quickly and the colour is a true natural look that lasts.
19. OWAY SHAMPOO + CONDITIONER - Hair care from the heavens. Oway have created a range of products for any hair type. Oway is sustainable and ethically made luxury hair care that focuses on making products rich in organic, bio dynamic ingredients. strong, shiny, and thick. Used at eco salon, DAKOTA in Auckland, NZ with the wonderful hair dresser Becca Brown - she uses the full range of oway to create lived in colour looks.
20. sans BAOBAB Body & Hand Creme - Paired well with the cleanse oil to keep hydration locked in, this creme will help replenish and heal dry areas. Non greasy and super absorbent, smells fresh and clean, and weightless.
21. AXILLA DEODORANT PASTE - Blended with essential oils, aluminium free, alcohol free, paraben free this deodorant blocks out unwanted scents but also lets your skin breathe. Best of all - IT WORKS! Finding a natural deodorant that does the job is hard to find but, look no further, this will have you smelling lovely all day!
22. Inika Long Lash Mascara